Deepan Selvadurai, M.D.
Buffalo Glaucoma Specialist and Cataract Surgeon
Dr. Deepan Selvadurai is seeing patients at our Orchard Park location.
- Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member: American Glaucoma Society
- Former President of the Buffalo Ophthalmology Society and current Board Member
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science Microbiology and Immunology – McGill University
- M.D – Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (Dean’s Award)
- Internship – Northwestern University
- Residency – Chief Resident – The Mayo Clinic
- Fellowship – The University of Toronto
Expert Patient Care & Accomplishments
One of the aspects that differentiates him from other glaucoma specialists is that he truly takes the time to help his patients understand their procedures and feel confident that they’re trusting the right team with their care. That trust is earned, and Dr. Deepan Selvadurai prides himself on not simply shuffling patients through our practice.
Dr. Deepan Selvadurai is my mother’s glaucoma specialist. He is very patient and thorough with my mom. He explains everything he is doing to her and makes sure she understands. He recently performed a microsurgery on both of her eyes which has dropped the pressure in her eyes to approximately a , which is a wonderful pressure for a low tension glaucoma patient. I highly recommend him.
He always has a smile and put the biggest smile on my face after cataract surgery. I didn’t realize how much my vision had slipped. Within a day of my surgery, I was seeing better than I had in years. Dr. Deepan Selvadurai took the time to call me after the surgery himself to see if I had any questions or concerns. I was recommended to him by a friend and I could not be happier. He is such a nice man and talented surgeon. I feel blessed to be his patient.
Community Involvement & Interests
In the Buffalo area, he’s worked with various organizations on occasion to provide eyecare to the less fortunate and lends sponsorship to various community and youth groups. He speaks French, Spanish, and Tamil, and enjoys cycling and spending time with his family.
Publications & Media Recognition
Notable research and publications:
- Canaloplasty and trabeculotomy with the OMNI®️️️️️️ surgical system in OAG with prior trabecular microbypass stenting. International Ophthalmology, 2023.
- “Canaloplasty and trabeculotomy with the OMNI®️️ surgical system in OAG with prior trabecular microbypass stenting.” International Ophthalmology, 2022.
- “Canaloplasty and Trabeculotomy ab interno with the OMNI System Combined with Cataract Surgery in Open-Angle Glaucoma: 12-month Outcomes from the ROMEO Study.” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, 2020.
- “Aqueous humor outflow facility by tonography does not change with body position.” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, 2010.
- “American Joint Committee on Cancer classification predicts outcome of patients with lacrimal gland adenoid cystic carcinoma.” Ophthalmology, 2009.
- “Corneal abnormalities in incontinentia pigmenti: histopathological and confocal correlations.” Cornea, 2008.
In The News
Dr. Deepan Selvadurai Joins Senior Radio’s Linda Pellegrino to Discuss Cataracts
By Staff Feb 26, 2022
Donated sight-saving surgery underlines the importance of eye care
By Scott Scanlon July 30, 2021
Dr. Deepan joins WUFO Power 96.5’s A Senior Moment radio show to discuss Glaucoma Awareness
By Staff Feb 25, 2021
New 15-minute surgery eases glaucoma, helps return WNY man to 20/20 vision
By Scott Scanlon Sep 13, 2019
Glaucoma can be treated, so make sure you get screened
By Staff Jan 27, 2020
"*" indicates required fields