Ausra Selvadurai, M.D.
Dr. Ausra Selvadurai specializes in medical retina diseases, such as macular degeneration, vascular occlusions, macular edema, and diabetic retinopathy. She pefrorms treatments for these conditions, including intravitreal injections and laser treatments. Additionally, Dr. Selvadurai is one of the few uveitis (ocular inflammation) specialists in WNY.
- Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member: American Society Of Retina Specialists
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science – University of Minnesota (Summa cum Laude)
- M.D. – University of Minnesota School of Medicine
- Internship – Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Residency – University of Minnesota School of Medicine
- Fellowship – Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami
- Clinical Assistant Professorship – University of Buffalo Department of Ophthalmology
Expert Patient Care & Accomplishments
After her fellowship training, she was a Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University at Buffalo, Jacobs School of Medicine, where she conducted clinical research and taught resident physicians.
Dr. Selvadurai is a passionate problem-solver at heart. She enjoys finding solutions to the most difficult cases and coordinating with other practitioners to produce the correct diagnosis for her patients. This dedication to finding the correct course of treatment in each and every case means that patients at Buffalo Ophthalmology can put their whole trust into the care they receive.
I have been a patient of Dr. Selvadurai for many years. She has helped me with the treatment of my diabetic retinopathy and I highly recommend her
I have complete confidence in Buffalo Ophthalmology and am happy to recommend them to my family and friends.
Dr. Selvadurai is a marvelous ophthalmologist and I feel very confident with her treating my Age-related Macular Degeneration.
Dr. Selvadauri is a very kind and thorough ophthalmologist and she is so good at answering all my questions, during my appointment.
Community Involvement & Interests
Publications & Media Recognition
Research and publications:
- “Current Concepts in Uveal Melanoma,” American Orthoptic Journal, 2017
- “Transient visual loss due to reversible “pending” central retinal artery occlusion in occult giant cell arteritis”. Accepted for publication in Eye, June 2014.
- “Enhanced depth imaging and autofluorescence of toxocara optic nerve granuloma” Ocular Immunology and Inflammation 2013
- “Toxic Corneal Edema Secondary to Amantadine”. British Journal of Ophthalmology 2009
- “Temporal Regulation of Neuropilin-1 Expression and Sensitivity to Semaphorin 3A in NGF- and NT3-responsive Chick Sensory Neurons,” Journal of Neurobiology