Asha Kumar, M.D.
Buffalo Cornea Specialist
- Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
Education & Experience
- M.D. – Dayanand Medical College
- Internship – Deaconess Hospital
- Residency – Erie County Medical Center
- Fellowship – Flaum Eye Institute, University of Rochester
Expert Patient Care & Accomplishments
In addition to teaching ophthalmology residents at the Buffalo VA Hospital for 30 years, Dr. Kumar travelled to Nicaragua from 2010-2015 to perform volunteer surgery.
Dr. Asha Kumar benefits from the ability to learn about her patients and quickly identify their needs. Her experience working under Dr. Aquavella, followed by decades in private practice, have put her on the front lines of corneal research.
After four other specialists couldn’t help my fiancé, we went to Dr. Kumar. She was professional and courteous. Our wait time was minimal and walked out pleasantly surprised with our visit. She explained his options and her recommended follow ups. Other doctors wanted to do laser treatments but Dr. Kumar stated those would not help. She answered all of our questions and concerns. We are very thankful to have found this amazing specialist.
Community Involvement & Interests
Publications & Media Recognition
Research and publications:
- “Immunological aspects of corneal transplant,” Immunological Investigations 2014
"*" indicates required fields