Deepan Selvadurai, M.D.
Dr. Deepan Selvadurai is a glaucoma specialist and cataract surgeon who has pioneered technology and advanced methods of treatment and management for complex cases of glaucoma.
- Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member: American Glaucoma Society
- Sits on the board of the Buffalo Ophthalmology Society
Education & Experience
- B.S. Microbiology and Immunology – McGill University
- M.D – Chicago Medical School,
- M.D – Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Internship – Northwestern University
- Training and Residency – Chief Resident – The Mayo Clinic
- Fellowship – The University of Toronto
Expert Patient Care & Accomplishments
One of the aspects that differentiates him from other glaucoma specialists is that he truly takes the time to help his patients understand their procedures and feel confident that they’re trusting the right team with their care. That trust is earned, and Dr. Selvadurai prides himself on not simply shuffling patients through our practice.
I have been a patient of Dr. Selvadurai for many years. She has helped me with the treatment of my diabetic retinopathy and I highly recommend her
I have complete confidence in Buffalo Ophthalmology and am happy to recommend them to my family and friends.
Dr. Selvadurai is a marvelous ophthalmologist and I feel very confident with her treating my Age-related Macular Degeneration.
Dr. Selvadauri is a very kind and thorough ophthalmologist and she is so good at answering all my questions, during my appointment.
Publications & Media Recognition
Notable research and publications:
- “Aqueous humor outflow facility by tonography does not change with body position,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 2010.
- “American Joint Committee on Cancer classification predicts outcome of patients with lacrimal gland adenoid cystic carcinoma,” Ophthalmology 2009.
- “Corneal abnormalities in incontinentia pigmenti: histopathological and confocal correlations,” Cornea 2008.
In The News
Glaucoma can be treated, so make sure you get screened
By Staff Jan 27, 2020
New 15-minute surgery eases glaucoma, helps return WNY man to 20/20 vision
By Scott Scanlon Sep 13, 2019